Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love is Faithful


I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord.
—Hosea 2:20


TODAY’S DARE


Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, “I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don’t love me in return.”



Friends,


I know I have been hit and miss with my Love Dare blogging so bear with me. Today’s dare talks about being committed to love. It starts off with saying love is a choice. Wow I never really thought about that before. Do we choose to love someone? I always thought it was a feeling that you had no control over. I guess on the other hand you could choose not to hate someone. What are some of your feelings on this? I also heard something interesting in our Love dare Bible study the other night. Our teacher told us that you must “lead your heart instead of following it”. I am still trying to grasp what that means so again feel free to chime in. I guess it means you can will your self to love someone and lead your heart where your flesh doesn’t want to go.

Well getting back to the Dare. I usually tell Heidi I love her a good 10-15 times a day whether it be in person, cell phone, e-mail or text so I think we have this covered. But then I got to thinking if we tell each other “I love you” that many times a day why don’t we do the same for Jesus? I have to admit I am lucky if I pray once a day. That is an area that I really need to focus on. But I was thinking I can just close my eyes for a second and tell Jesus “I love you” and not ask for anything. I can tell him everytime I get in the car or better yet when I get out of the car and thank him at the same time for getting me to my destination safely. I can think of alot of times where I have a minute or two that I can just say I love you!. Well friends that’s my 2 cents for today. Let me know what you think…take care..Chris

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

“lead your heart instead of following it”.
I don't know for sure how your teacher meant this, but I know for sure that it's hearing the Word of God that changes hearts. And Jesus, in the parable of the sower explains that the word had to be understood in order to take hold. So the mind and the heart are clearly very interdependent. I do believe though that the desires of the heart dictate how we think. (When we desire something, our minds work very hard to find ways to justify and gratify what our hearts want.) Since you are a believer, with a new heart, you desire to love your Savior and your wife. This desire leads you to think and understand in such a way that you can better love them.

Sounds like this study has been a real blessing to you. Thanks for sharing what you're learning.