Friday, March 13, 2009

Love Dare Blog


Friends,

I have started a blog just for doing the Love Dare. I will still maintain this on but wanted to get involved with others who are doing the Love Dare program. Today i will post a link and my first Blog post from the Love dare site. Feel free to put your 2cents, well 1cent in since were are in hard economic times.





March 13th, 2009

Friends,

For the past couple of weeks Heidi and I have been attending a “Fireproof” Bible study at Westside Baptist in Jasper on Sunday evenings. I have decided to start blogging about this as a way of keeping up with our love dares and to share experiences with other couples going through the same thing. This is my first Blog on an actual dare and yes I know I am starting in the middle and out of order but if you look in the love dare book there are some things you can’t do on certain days. I am starting out with day 13 then I might jump back to some others. So here it is. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you came up with.
.
"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand".—Mark 3:25

TODAY’S DARE

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to “fight” by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.If a [...]


Wow what a good Ideal. Come up with some ground rules before an argument or conflict arises. Well here is our list that we both came up with.

Day 13

Talk to your spouse about establishing healthy rules (guidelines) of engagement

1. No yelling or raising voices
2. Use speaker listener technique, Listen first to the other- then speak, no interruptions, and a promise to listen openly
3. No low blows or bringing up the past
4. Before speaking put best thought forward
5. Call time out when an issues get too heated and can’t be immediately resolved.
6. Pick good time for discussions (not while going to Church, getting ready for work, or on date/family nights/vacations or meal times)
7. No going to bed angry
8. End disagreement/discussion on good note, giving a hug, kiss and saying “I love you”












No comments: