Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Only one Resolution this year!


Happy New Year fellow bloggers, family and friends, I hope 2009 will bring you many blessings and victories over life’s trials and tribulations. As we approach the New Year I have been thinking of what kind of resolutions I will be making. Since I seldom keep my resolutions, this year I thought I would come up with one that would be easy to keep and something that is very important to keep as a Follower of Christ . Actually it's something so simple that I am really surprised I didn’t think of it before. It came to me while Joseph (my Sunday school teacher) was preaching about loving one another and trying to show what being a Christian looks like. That’s it! I got it. Now I don’t need to come up with a bunch of resolutions that I know I probably won’t keep. I just need to follow the greatest Commandment that Jesus gave to us “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” he also says “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” Matthew 22:37, 39 (ESV) That’s it, this is what I will be focusing on this year. Of course I will set some personal goals for myself but I think I will have a great year if I just follow these simple yet powerful Commandments Jesus has given us. Again friends I wish you and your families a very Happy New Year. Peace and Grace be with you all…Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Happy new year to you and your family - I don't keep resolutions very well either so I'm not making any but what you have chosen is the best possible choice.
God bless,
-jim

Anonymous said...

Bro,

Happy New Years! I agree with Jim that your resolution is the best one. I'm looking forward to 2009 and can't wait to see what's in store for our families.

Love you.

Tony

Ron Reffett said...

Happy New Year!
I'm definitely not very good with the whole resolution thing, I have to agree with yours though. How can you go wrong with that? Simplify, simplify, simplify!
Hope that your 2009 is off to a blessed start!
Ron Reffett