Saturday, November 1, 2008

God is in Control!

Friends,

While reading the local news on the internet the other day I came across a story talking about the Mercedes Plant in Vance Alabama offering buyouts to it’s 4,000 employees. This story really hit home because for the last three years I was in the hiring process at Mercedes. I took my test, interviewed, took the drug screening and even did the training. For the longest time I was wondering why I never heard back from them, then it hit me. God was in control, and he has been for a while. If I would of got hired then, there would be a good chance I would be looking for a another job right now. Friends God did the same thing for me eight years ago.

When I first came to Birmingham I was working in a metal recycling plant as a maintenance supervisor. Little did I know that the company I worked for was in financial trouble. Well ten months after I was hired I was let go. So here I was unemployed, in a new city and I had just bought a house. I had some money in savings so I wasn’t too worried but I still felt a little uneasy. Well to shorten the story, a couple of months later I applied for a maintenance position at Sloss Industries and was interviewed by a supervisor who also happened to be a veteran and also a Baptist preacher. Of course I got the job and as it turned out I made more money and worked in a much better environment. The thing that really blew my mind was that later that year the company that let me go, went out of business and shut down. Friends this is just another example of how God works in our lives.

So to finish my story I worked in that job for two years and then got a phone call and was asked if I wanted to return to active duty. Another blessing! I was able to go back in the Army and finish out my career and retire. Now I am just waiting for God to open the next door for me. I can always return to my previous job but I feel God has bigger plans for me. How has God blessed you in your life? What kind of unusual circumstances put you where you are today? Like I tell my wife “we are here for a reason” God put us in our neighborhood, our Church and our Job and I am so glad I have trusted him and let him take control.

Chris,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you bro, I can't stand email forwards, that is unless unless you are the one sending it. It is fine line between being a gossip and being informative.

Peace Bro,

Tony

Anonymous said...

Well I just realized I posted the wrong comment to the wrong post. Sorry about that, but in regards to the 'God is in Control' post, I think you hit the nail on the head that ultimately our heavenly Father is looking out for us. Jesus tell us in Matthew 6:25-34 that if we look at nature, specifically the birds of the air, the lillies and the grass of the field we see that God is work in all those things sustaining them. Jesus points out that if God sustains those things then how much more will God sustain us since we are the most important of His creative works. I appreciate your testimony bro and look forward to seeing where God takes you going forward.

Peace.

Tony

Anonymous said...

So what you are saying is that God has got your back. I have found the same to be true in my life, when I moved here (many years ago) I had enough cash to last 30 days, in other words I had to be working on day 31 or the groceries would run out before my first payday. On the last day I got a rejection letter for a job I thought was beneath me and should have been easy to get. That night was the first time I prayed, perhaps ever. I was desperate and asked God to show me what I was doing wrong - the next day he did and I got a job right away. It sounds like so many of the stories in the Bible; we think we can do it on our own then we get in trouble and cry out of God’s help and he comes into our lives and gets us back on track.

Of course, the key is to stay with God so we don’t end up in trouble again.