Thursday, September 18, 2008

“Missing the lessons that God wants us to learn”



A good friend of Heidi's came up with the following quote “ I am so consumed with the way I react about situations that I am missing the most important lessons that God wants for me to learn!’’ How true is this statement? For me it fits like a glove. How many times have we been on fire for Jesus just to have something come up and throw us off track? Or we will be doing great and then something will upset us and then we let the flesh take over. It’s amazing how we can come out of one storm and think we are fine then all of a sudden another one comes along. But the key to peace is how we react to the storm. If you read the Gospels, Jesus slept while a storm was swamping the boat that he and the disciples were in. The disciples woke him up and said “don’t you even care if we drown?” Of course he cares but more importantly he wants us to have faith. To me Faith means knowing that Jesus will answer our prayers and take care of any situation regardless of the circumstances. How many times have we worried about things that ended up never happening, only to be robbed of our peace and happiness during that time? Personally I would rather just hand my problems off to Jesus and feel at ease knowing he is handling my situation. Friends last night I was upset over a situation and I couldn’t do anything, I tried reading my bible but couldn’t concentrate, I was even having trouble sleeping. Then this morning I talked to my brother Tony who prayed with me over the phone about it and just like that my answer appeared and my peace was restored. But the whole time I was upset and I didn’t let Jesus in my heart and was I miserable.

Friends the enemy loves to throw obstacles in our path when we want to do something for Jesus. How often do we wake up on Sunday morning and do not feel like going to Church or we look at the clock and say it’s “too late, maybe next time”. Is it me or do we sometimes get into arguments on Sunday mornings? It’s funny how during the week we can get up 3 hours earlier, get ready for work, drive 30 miles and be on time; and yet we’re not able to drive 5 miles down the road on Sunday morning. Friends we need to follow 1 Corinthians 16:13 and “Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong” This is what I had to do last Wednesday when our AC went out. I was determined to go to Church that night, I had been back home for 2 months and something was always keeping me from going, but this time I decided nothing short of an emergency was going stop me, I didn’t care who was tired or wasn’t feeling it, I was going!. I told Heidi that we would worry about the AC later and that nothing was going to keep us from going to the service. We had a great time at the service and when we came home I ask God for help with the AC and somehow I was able to get the blower motor working so we would be cool that night. We ended up getting it fixed 2 days later. God is so great when we have faith in him. We can do it! We just have to fight the flesh and follow our heart! God will take of the rest. Guys, put Jesus first and everything else will work out. I hope this Blog was helpful. I have really been inspired by some of the blogs from Heidi’s friends and other members of our Church. I am so excited about this new outlet. I feel it’s another way to fellowship and reach those who need some encouragement. And on a personal note it’s very good therapy for me to be able to get my thoughts on paper like this. I have a real problem communicating my thoughts and Ideals, so please be patient with me. I love you guys and more importantly Jesus loves us and gave his life for us..

1 comment:

The Strings said...

I am glad you have a blog! It does help to write everything out doesn't it!