Monday, January 26, 2009

Jesus the ultimate protection





Friends,

For the past couple of weeks I have been plagued with one of the nastiest computer viruses I have ever come across. This virus started out as a pop up and turned into a monster which eventually took over my pc and shut it down. For those of you that consider a pc a life line understand the turmoil I was going through not being able to access my favorite sites, play games, and listen to music..ect..ect. Of course I had a laptop as a back-up but I had to share that with my wife and was not comfortable using the smaller screen and keyboard. Anyway a good friend of mine told me of a great anti-virus program that would get rid of this hostile take over and restore my pc to its previous glory. So after many attempts I got my 5 year old Dell back in tip top shape and ready to ride the waves of the high speed internet.

After experiencing the joy of having my friend back I started thinking of how my experience could relate in a Biblical way. That’s when it hit me, Jesus kind of works in the same way as an anti-virus program. Just bear with me for a minute while I try to put it together. You see Sin is like a computer virus. It starts out like a small flashy pop up. It’s attractive, appealing and makes you think you have to click on it, and that’s when it happens, it’s in and you feel helpless. A lot of times when Sin enters our lives it acts like a virus and quickly spreads through every aspect of our life, its ultimate goal is to shut us down.

That’s where Jesus comes in. If we accept him as our Savior he will run a scan on our operating systems (life), recognize all viruses (Sin) and remove them from our hard drives. He will also keep watch and help keep Sin out of our lives. But an important thing to always remember is to keep your software (relationship with Jesus) updated and to use it (pray) on a regular (daily) basis.

1 John 1:9 (ESV) says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”


Father God,

Thank you for sending your Son to intercede in our lives and pay the price for our Sins. Father we know we are not worthy of your love and Grace but you give freely anyway. Father God help us to recognize our short comings and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
It is in your name we pray..Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I was wondering where you were going...this is a great analogy, "It starts out like a small flashy pop up. It’s attractive, appealing and makes you think you have to click on it, and that’s when it happens, it’s in..."

We must be on guard with Jesus and the Holy Spirit helping us not to 'click' that little pop up (temptation) and get us started in sin because just like a computer virus, Jesus will get us cleaned up but what is the cost? The infection spreads quickly and before we know it we are down and out. Of course we know we are sinners and we need to return to Jesus often to get a fresh dose of anti-virus for our sin.

I'm glad you are back online.
God bless,
-jim

Anonymous said...

Great analogy bro! I know that sometimes when I don't read the Word daily I feel like I'm not getting my virus definition updates. Great reminder about what keeps us in the game. Thanks bro! I love you man!

Tony

Laurie M. said...

I thought I left a comment here earlier today. I guess it didn't take. I hopped over from Jim's blog this morning. I love your analogy. I think it may catch on and be all over the blog world before you can remember it was you who thought of it!

Louie Mercer said...

Sin, when concieved,...like two almost microscopic cells, produces death...sin as a pop up....and how many pop ups corrupt us? Great Job.
louie